Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): Coleg Sir Gar (Z6543042)
Taking part in Inspiring Skills Excellence in Wales is dependent on you providing personal data. Coleg Sir Gar as the project manager (hereafter, the College) will be the data controller for the personal information you provide. The College will use this information to administer and manage the Inspiring Skills Excellence project in Wales including entering and supporting you in skills competitions.
The project is funded by the Welsh Government and supported via the European Social Fund (ESF).
What will the College use your information for?
The College will use your data to:
- Organise skills competitions
- Track your progress and success
- Promote and market competition activities in line with Welsh Government expectations
- Communicate with you about competitions
- Invite you to relevant competition events
Your rights and choices
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to:
- access the personal data the College holds on you
- require the College to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation (in some circumstances)
- restrict processing (in some circumstances)
- have your data erased (in certain circumstances)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) who is the independent regulator for data protection
How long will the College keep your information?
Description RetentionCompetitors personal details Up to 5 years after project closureContactsFor details about the information the College holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please see contact below:Data Protection Officer, Coleg Sir Gar, Graig Campus, Sandy Road, Llanelli, SA15 4DNdataprotectionofficer@colegsirgar.ac.ukTo contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, please see details below: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF029 2067 8400 (Wales helpline) or 0303 123 1113 (UK helpline) or www.ico.org.uk/Notifications of changesIf the College intends to use your data in a different way from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified. All of the College’s processing will be in compliance with the extant data protection legislation. Updates to the privacy notice will be available on www.skillscompetitionwales.ac.uk
What personal information about you is collected and used by the College?
Some of the data collected by us will be personal data and/or special category data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation which includes:
Personal Data Special Category Data (providing this data is optional and will include)
Surname and Forename(s) Gender
Address (Home) and Postcodes Ethnicity
Telephone number Disability type
E-mail address Health condition
Date of birth
Correspondence preference - Welsh / English
Who we share your Data with:
- Welsh Government, who fund the project
- Competition leads (i.e. staff at organising colleges who arrange skills competitions)
- Marketing agencies appointed by the Welsh Government, for promotional purposes
- Sector champions appointed to provide specialist support for competitors
Security Arrangements for your data held by the College
The data the College collects about you will be stored in an access controlled secure database which is regularly tested for safety and integrity.